60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Notification to Fire Marshal and Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Storage of Explosive Materials.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until March 20, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments on the estimated public burden, or associated response time, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gary Taylor, Explosives Industry Programs Branch, Room 7400, 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20226.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notification to Fire Marshal and Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Storage of Explosive Materials.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Farms, State, local, or tribal government, individuals or households. The information is provided both orally and in writing to the chief law enforcement officer and the fire marshal of the jurisdiction in which explosives are stored. The information is necessary for the safety of emergency response personnel responding to fires at sites where explosives are stored.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 5,000 respondents will take 30 minutes to complete the notifications.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 2,500 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: January 13, 2006.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E6-570 Filed 1-18-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P