30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Application for Suspension of Deportation or Special Rule Cancellation of Removal (Pursuant to Section 203 of Public Law 105-100); Form I-881. OMB Control No. 1615-0072.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on December 5, 2005, at 70 FR 72461. The notice allowed for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until March 8, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0072 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Suspension of Deportation or Special Rule Cancellation of Removal (Pursuant to Section 203 of Public Law 105-100).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-881. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. This form is used by a nonimmigrant to apply for suspension of deportation or special rule cancellation of removal. The information collected on this form is necessary in order for USCIS to determine if it has jurisdiction over an individual applying for this release as well as to elicit information regarding the eligibility of an individual applying for release pursuant to section 203 of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA); Pub. L. 105-100.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 55,000 responses at 12 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 660,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Start Printed Page 6085USCIS Web site at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/pra/index.htm.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: January 30, 2006.
Deputy Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 06-985 Filed 2-3-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P