Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB), Fernald. The Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of this meeting be announced in the Federal Register.
Saturday, March 4, 2006, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.Start Printed Page 9331
Crosby Township Senior Center, 8910 Willey Road, Harrison, Ohio 45030.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Doug Sarno, The Perspectives Group, Inc., 1055 North Fairfax Street, Suite 204, Alexandria, VA 22314, at (703) 837-1197, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of the Board is to make recommendations to DOE in the areas of environmental restoration, waste management, and related activities.
- Identify activities and actions for formalizing the Friends of Fernald concept and plan for the May 20 Forum.
- Identify the full range of historical information, artifacts, and displays desired to portray the history of the Fernald site.
- Review status and identify plan for completing the Fernald Citizens' Advisory Board (FCAB) history and integrating with other history activities.
8:30 a.m. Call to Order.
8:35 a.m. Updates and Announcements.
- February EM SSAB Chairs' Call.
- Spring EM SSAB Chairs' meeting planning and presentation.
- Update on coordination with Rocky Flats Citizens' Advisory Board.
- Local Stakeholder Organization status update.
- Brief site update.
8:45 a.m. Friends of Fernald Discussion.
- Status of Fernald Living History Discussions.
- Plan for May 20 Forum.
10 a.m. Break.
10:15 a.m. Post-Closure Historical Information.
- What is the desired set of materials and information?
- What further role is there for the FCAB?
11:15 a.m. Fernald History Activities.
- FCAB history status.
- Planning to complete FCAB history.
12 p.m. FCAB Meeting Calendar and 2006 Activities.
12:15 p.m. Public Comment.
12:30 p.m. Adjourn.
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. Written statements may be filed with the Board chair either before or after the meeting. Individuals who wish to make oral statements pertaining to agenda items should contact the Board chair at the address or telephone number listed below. Requests must be received five days prior to the meeting and reasonable provisions will be made to include the presentation in the agenda. The Deputy Designated Federal Officer is empowered to conduct the meeting in a fashion that will facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Individuals wishing to make public comment will be provided a maximum of five minutes to present their comments. This notice is being published less than 15 days prior to the meeting date due to programmatic issues that had to be resolved.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying at the U.S. Department of Energy's Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, 1E-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, except Federal holidays. Minutes will also be available by writing to the Fernald Citizens' Advisory Board, MS-76, Post Office Box 538704, Cincinnati, OH 43253-8704, or by calling the Advisory Board at (513) 648-6478.Start Signature
Issued at Washington, DC, on February 17, 2006.
Deputy Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E6-2578 Filed 2-22-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P