Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is amending the Start Printed Page 17702animal drug regulations to reflect a change of sponsor for a new animal drug application (NADA) for bacitracin methylene disalicylate and streptomycin sulfate oral powder from Veterinary Specialties, Inc., to Alpharma Inc.
This rule is effective April 7, 2006.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David R. Newkirk, Center for Veterinary Medicine (HFV-100), Food and Drug Administration, 7500 Standish Pl., Rockville, MD 20855, 301-827-6967, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Veterinary Specialties, Inc., 387 North Valley Ct., Barrington, IL 60010, has informed FDA that it has transferred ownership of, and all rights and interest in, NADA 65-107 for ENTROMYCIN (bacitracin methylene disalicylate and streptomycin sulfate) Powder to Alpharma Inc., One Executive Dr., Fort Lee, NJ 07024. Accordingly, the regulations are amended in 21 CFR 520.154b to reflect this change of sponsorship and a current format.
Following these changes of sponsorship, Veterinary Specialties, Inc., is no longer the sponsor of an approved application. Accordingly, 21 CFR 510.600(c) is being amended to remove the entries for Veterinary Specialties, Inc.
This rule does not meet the definition of “rule” in 5 U.S.C. 804(3)(A) because it is a rule of “particular applicability.” Therefore, it is not subject to the congressional review requirements in 5 U.S.C. 801-808.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Animal drugs
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
Therefore, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and under authority delegated to the Commissioner of Food and Drugs and redelegated to the Center for Veterinary Medicine,End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 510—NEW ANIMAL DRUGSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. In § 510.600, in the table in paragraph (c)(1) remove the entry for “Veterinary Specialties, Inc.”; and in the table in paragraph (c)(2) remove the entry for “062925”.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 520—ORAL DOSAGE FORM NEW ANIMAL DRUGSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
4. Revise § 520.154b to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) Specifications. Each gram of powder contains 200 units bacitracin methylene disalicylate and streptomycin sulfate equivalent to 20 milligrams of streptomycin.
(b) Sponsor. See No. 046573 in § 510.600(c) of this chapter.
(c) Conditions of use in dogs—(1) Amount. Administer 1 level teaspoonful per 10 pounds of body weight three times daily, mixed in a small quantity of liquid or feed.
(2) Indications for use. For the treatment of bacterial enteritis caused by pathogens susceptible to bacitracin and streptomycin such as Escherichia coli, Proteus spp., Staphylococcus spp., and Streptococcus spp., and for the symptomatic treatment of associated diarrhea.
(3) Limitations. Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.Start Signature
Dated: March 30, 2006.
Steven D. Vaughn,
Director, Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, Center for Veterinary Medicine.
[FR Doc. 06-3353 Filed 4-6-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4160-01-S