This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Department of Veterans Affairs.
Final rule; technical amendment.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) published a document in the Federal Register on January 10, 2006 (71 FR 1496), revising eligibility requirements for the Montgomery GI Bill—Selected Reserve program. In that document, we inadvertently removed paragraphs (e)(2) through (e)(4) of § 21.7550 when we revised redesignated paragraph (e)(1). This document reinstates the dropped regulatory text of those paragraphs.
Effective on January 10, 2006.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brandye R. Kidd, Management and Program Analyst, Department of Veterans Affairs (225C), 810 Vermont Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20420, (202) 273-7420.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) made revisions to 38 CFR 21.7550(e) in order to update the regulations to reflect the date that reservists would no longer be eligible for benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill—Selected Reserve program. In making the necessary adjustments to reflect the appropriate time limits, paragraphs (e)(2) through(e)(4) of § 21.7550 were accidentally removed. A typographical error occurred in the amendatory instruction to the Office of Federal Register editor. We instructed the editor “to revise redesignated paragraph (e)” when it was our intention only to revise redesignated paragraph (e)(1). Consequently, the revised regulatory text of redesignated paragraph (e)(1) replaced paragraphs (e)(2) through (e)(4). This document reinstates the regulatory text of paragraphs (e)(2) through (e)(4) of § 21.7550.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 38 CFR Part 21
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Armed forces
- Civil rights
- Colleges and universities
- Conflicts of interest
- Defense Department
- Grant programs—education
- Grant programs—veterans
- Health care
- Loan programs—education
- Loan programs—veterans
- Manpower training programs
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Travel and transportation expenses
- Vocational education
- Vocational rehabilitation
Robert C. McFetridge,
Acting Assistant to the Secretary for Regulation Policy and Management.
Accordingly,End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 21—VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION AND EDUCATION
Subpart L—Educational Assistance for Members of the Selected ReserveEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 21, subpart L continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Amend § 21.7550 by adding paragraphs (e)(2) through (e)(4) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(e) * * *
(2) The conditions referred to in paragraph (e)(1) of this section for ceasing to be a member of the Selected Reserve are:
(i) The deactivation of the reservist's unit of assignment; and
(ii) The reservist's involuntarily ceasing to be designated as a member of the Selected Reserve pursuant to 10 U.S.C. 10143(a).
(3) The provisions of paragraphs (e)(1) and (e)(2) of this section do not apply if the reservist ceases to be a member of the Selected Reserve under adverse conditions, as characterized by the Secretary of the military department concerned. The expiration of such a reservist's period of eligibility will be on the date the reservist ceases, under adverse conditions, to be a member of the Selected Reserve.
(4) A reservist's period of eligibility will expire if he or she is a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces and (after having involuntarily ceased to be a member of the Selected Reserve) is involuntarily separated from the Armed Forces under adverse conditions, as characterized by the Secretary of the military department concerned. The expiration of such a reservist's period of eligibility will be on the date the reservist is involuntarily separated under adverse conditions from the Armed Forces.
[FR Doc. 06-3910 Filed 4-25-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8320-01-P