The Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC) will meet June 13, 2006, 9 a.m., Room 4830, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on implementation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provides for continuing review to update the EAR as needed.
1. Opening remarks by the Chairman.
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the Public.
3. Regulations update.
4. Update on Wassenaar Statement of Understanding on Military End-uses (China “catch-all”).
5. Update on proposed rule on deemed export related regulatory requirements (RIN 0694-AD29).
6. Country policy update: Libya, Venezuela.
7. Export Enforcement update.
8. Update on Automated Export System.
9. Working groups reports.
10. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate the distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yspringer@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on May 15, 2006, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2 § (10)(d)), that the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the Start Printed Page 30378disclosure of which would be likely to frustrate significantly implementation of an agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-4814.Start Signature
Dated: May 22, 2006.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 06-4870 Filed 5-25-06 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M