Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of limitation on claims for judicial review of actions by FHWA and other Federal agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA and other Federal agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, STH 83, in Waukesha County in the State of Wisconsin. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before November 28, 2006. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Bruce Matzke, Division Administrator, Federal Highway Administration, 567 D'Onofrio Drive, Suite 100, Madison, Wisconsin 53719-2844; telephone: (608) 829-7501; e-mail: Bruce.Matzke@fhwa.dot.gov. The FHWA Wisconsin Division Office's normal business hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (central time). You may also contact Mr. Eugene Johnson, Bureau of Equity and Environmental Services, Wisconsin Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 7965, Madison, Wisconsin 53707; telephone: (608) 267-9527.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of Wisconsin: STH 83 in Waukesha County. The 17-mile (27-km) WIS 83 project corridor extends from County NN at Mukwonago to WIS 16 at Hartland in Waukesha County. Improvements are proposed to address present and emerging traffic flow and safety concerns, future traffic demand, and to guide local land use planning and development including preserving land needed for future transportation improvements. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Final Environmental Start Printed Page 31258Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project, approved on February 22, 2006, in the FHWA Record of Decision (ROD) issued on May 24, 2006 and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record. The FEIS, ROD, and other documents in the FHWA administrative record file are available by contacting the FHWA or the Wisconsin Department of Transportation at the addresses provided above. The FHWA FEIS and ROD can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/projects/d2/wis83/index.htm or viewed at public libraries in the project area.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act, 42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q).
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. 1251-1377 (section 404, section 401, section 319); Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), 16 U.S.C. 4601-4604; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), 42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6); Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899, 33 U.S.C. 401-406; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, 16 U.S.C. 1271-1287; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act, 16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation, 23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11); Flood Disaster Protection Act, 42 U.S.C. 4001-4128.
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program)Start Signature
Issued on: May 25, 2006.
Bruce E. Matzke,
Division Administrator, Madison, Wisconsin.
[FR Doc. E6-8483 Filed 5-31-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-22-P