U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 140, “Financial Protection Requirements and Indemnity Agreements.”
3. The form number if applicable: N/A.
4. How often the collection is required: As necessary in order for NRC to meet its responsibilities called for in sections 170 and 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended (the Act).
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees authorized to operate reactor facilities in accordance with 10 CFR part 50 and licensees authorized to construct and operate a uranium enrichment facility in accordance with 10 CFR parts 40 and 70.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 151.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 91.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,307.
9. An indication of whether section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 140 of the NRC's regulations specifies information to be submitted by licensees to enable the NRC to assess (a) the financial protection required of licensees and for the indemnification and limitation of liability of certain licensees and other persons pursuant to section 170 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and (b) the liability insurance required of uranium enrichment facility licensees pursuant to section 193 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by July 31, 2006. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be Start Printed Page 37122given to comments received after this date.
John A. Asalone, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0039), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to John_A._Asalone@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4650.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 22nd day of June, 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E6-10264 Filed 6-28-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P