Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is proposing to approve State Implementation Plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of Montana on October 25, 2005. The revisions are to the Administrative Rules of Montana and update the citations and references to Federal documents and addresses where copies of documents can be obtained, and delete three definitions. The intended effect of this action is to make federally enforceable those provisions that EPA is proposing to approve. This action is being taken under section 110 of the Clean Air Act.
In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP revision as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial SIP revision and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Written comments must be received on or before August 18, 2006.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-R08-OAR-2006-0009, by one of the following methods:
- http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Richard R. Long, Director, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 200, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466.
- Hand Delivery: Richard R. Long, Director, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:55 p.m., excluding Federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register for detailed instruction on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Laurie Ostrand, Air and Radiation Program, Mailcode 8P-AR, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, 999 18th Street, Suite 200, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466, (303) 312-6437, firstname.lastname@example.org. Start Printed Page 40952End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: June 13, 2006.
Andrew M. Gaydosh,
Acting Regional Administrator, Region 8.
[FR Doc. E6-11345 Filed 7-18-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P