Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and Federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. Sec. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of its AmeriCorps*NCCC Service Project Application form. The Service Project Application is used in the development of community service projects between AmeriCorps*NCCC and sponsoring organizations.
Copies of the information collection requests can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the address section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by November 20, 2006.Start Printed Page 54802
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps*NCCC; Attention Phil Shaw, 1201 New York Avenue, NW., 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3462, Attention: Phil Shaw.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Phil Shaw, (202) 606-6697.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The NCCC accomplishes its mission by working with local community organizations and groups to help them meet needs that they have identified and that would not be fully addressed without additional assistance. Potential sponsors are required to submit an application that outlines project goals and activities. Because we are recruiting and expect to complete additional projects, we have increased the total number of respondents and total burden hours.
The Corporation seeks to renew and revise the current applications. The revisions will correct program information and update program locations and geographical jurisdictions. Updated program language will also be provided to clarify roles and responsibilities.
The application will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on December 31, 2006.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps*NCCC Service Project Application.
OMB Number: 3045-0010.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Current/prospective recipients of AmeriCorps*NCCC assistance.
Total Respondents: 1,500.
Frequency: On occasion with the request of AmeriCorps*NCCC support.
Average Time Per Response: Averages 8 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 12,000 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: September 13, 2006.
[FR Doc. E6-15495 Filed 9-18-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P