60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Report of Complaint; Form I-847; OMB Control No. 1653-0001.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcements (ICE) has submitted an emergency information collection request (ICR) utilizing emergency review procedures, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with section 1320.13(a)(1)(ii) and (a)(2)(iii) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The ICE has determined that it cannot comply with the normal clearance procedures under this part because normal clearance procedures are likely to prevent or disrupt the collection of information.
If granted, the emergency approval is only valid for 180 days. All comments and/or questions pertaining to this pending request for emergency approval must be directed to OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Desk Officer, Department of Homeland Security, 725-17th Street, NW., Suite 10235, Washington, DC 20503.
During the first 60 days of this period a regular review of this information collection is also being undertaken. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection. Start Printed Page 62117
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Report of Complaint.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-847. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used to establish a record of complaint and to initiate an investigation of misconduct by an officer of the DHS.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 250 responses at 15 minutes (.25 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 63 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Ricardo Lemus 202-616-2717, Acting Branch Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Ricardo Lemus.Start Signature
Dated: October 18, 2006.
Acting Branch Chief, Records Management Branch, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E6-17671 Filed 10-20-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P