Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 171, “Duplication Request.”
3. The form number if applicable: NRC 171. Start Printed Page 68642
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Individuals or companies requesting document duplication.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 7,940 responses.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 7,940.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 990 hours (about 8 minutes per respondent).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: This form is utilized by individual members of the public requesting reproduction of publicly available documents in NRC Headquarters' Public Document Room. Copies of the form are utilized by the reproduction contractor to accompany the orders and are then discarded.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by December 27, 2006. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Sarah P. Garman, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0066), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Sarah_P._Garman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4650.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 20th day of November 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E6-19973 Filed 11-24-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P