Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, USDA.
The designations of the official agencies listed below will end on June 30, 2007. We are asking persons interested in providing official services in the areas served by these agencies to submit an application for designation. We are also asking for comments on the quality of services provided by these currently designated agencies: East Indiana Grain Inspection, Inc. (East Indiana); Fremont Grain Inspection Department, Inc. (Fremont); State Grain Inspection, Inc. (State Grain); and Titus Grain Inspection, Inc. (Titus).
Applications and comments must be received on or before January 8, 2007.
We invite you to submit applications and comments on this notice. You may submit applications and comments by any of the following methods:
* Hand Delivery or Courier: Deliver to Karen Guagliardo, Review Branch Chief, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, Room 1647-S, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250.
* Fax: Send by facsimile transmission to (202) 690-2755, attention: Karen Guagliardo.
* E-mail: Send via electronic mail to Karen.W.Guagliardo@usda.gov.
* Mail: Send hardcopy to Karen Guagliardo, Review Branch Chief, Start Printed Page 71123Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, STOP 3604, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250-3604.
* Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
Read Applications and Comments: All applications and comments will be available for public inspection at the office above during regular business hours (7 CFR 1.27(b)).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Karen Guagliardo at 202-720-7312, e-mail Karen.W.Guagliardo@usda.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Section 7(f)(1) of the United States Grain Standards Act, as amended (USGSA), authorizes GIPSA's Administrator to designate a qualified applicant to provide official services in a specified area after determining that the applicant is better able than any other applicant to provide such official services (7 U.S.C. 79(f)(1)).
Section 7(g)(1) of USGSA provides that designations of official agencies will terminate not later than three years and may be renewed according to the criteria and procedures prescribed in Section 7(f) of USGSA.
|Official agency||Main office||Designation start||Designation end|
|East Indiana||West Sacramento, CA||07/01/2004||06/30/2007|
|State Grain||Savage, MN||07/01/2004||06/30/2007|
|Titus||West Lafayette, IN||07/01/2004||06/30/2007|
In accordance with Section 7(f)(2) of USGSA (7 U.S.C. 79(f)(2)) the following geographic area, in the States of Indiana and Ohio, is assigned to East Indiana:
* Bounded on the North by the northern and eastern Grant County lines; the northern Blackford, and Jay County lines;
* Bounded on the East by the eastern Jay, Randolph, Wayne, and Union County lines;
* Bounded on the South by the southern Union and Fayette County lines; the eastern Rush County line south to State Route 244; State Route 244 west to the Rush County line; and
* Bounded on the West by the western Rush and Henry County lines; the southern Madison County line west to State Route 13; State Route 13 north to State Route 132; State Route 132 northwest to Madison County; the western and northern Madison County lines; the northern Delaware County line; the western Blackford County line north to State Route 18; State Route 18 west to County Highway 900E; County Highway 900E north to the northern Grant County line. Darke County, Ohio.
In accordance with Section 7(f)(2) of USGSA (7 U.S.C. 79(f)(2)), the following geographic area, in the States of Iowa and Nebraska, is assigned to Fremont:
* Carroll (west of U.S. Route 71); Clay (west of U.S. Route 71); Crawford; Dickinson (west of U. S. Route 71); Harrison (east of State Route 183); O'Brien (north of B24 and east of U.S. Route 59); Osceola (east of U.S. Route 59); and Shelby Counties, Iowa.
* Bounded on the North by U.S. Route 20 east to the Pierce County line; the eastern Pierce County line; the northern Wayne, Cuming, and Burt County lines east to the Missouri River;
* Bounded on the East by the Missouri River south-southeast to State Route 91; State Route 91 west to the Dodge County line; the eastern and southern Dodge County lines west to U.S. Route 77; U.S. Route 77 south to the Saunders County line;
* Bounded on the South by the southern Saunders, Butler, and Polk County lines; and
* Bounded on the West by the western Polk County line north to the Platte River; the Platte River northeast to the western Platte County line; the western and northern Platte County lines east to U.S. Route 81; U.S. Route 81 north to U.S. Route 20.
The following grain elevators, located outside of the above contiguous geographic area, are part of this geographic area assignment: Farmers Cooperative, and Krumel Grain and Storage, both in Wahoo, Saunders County, Nebraska (located inside Omaha Grain Inspection Service, Inc.'s, area).
Fremont's assigned geographic area does not include the following grain elevators inside Fremont's area which have been and will continue to be serviced by the following official agencies:
1. Hastings Grain Inspection, Inc.: Huskers Cooperative Grain Company, Columbus, Platte County, Nebraska; and
2. Omaha Grain Inspection Service, Inc.: United Farmers Coop, Rising City, Butler County, Nebraska; and United Farmers Coop (2 elevators), Shelby, Polk County, Nebraska.
In accordance with Section 7(f)(2) of USGSA (7 U.S.C. 79(f)(2)), the following geographic area, in the State of Minnesota, is assigned to State Grain:
* Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington, Carver, Scott, Dakota, Brown, Nicollet, Le Sueur, Rice, Goodhue, Watonwan, Blue Earth, Waseca, Steele, Dodge, McLeod, and Sibley Counties.
In accordance with Section 7(f)(2) of USGSA (7 U.S.C. 79(f)(2)) the Act, the following geographic area, in the State of Indiana, is assigned to Titus:
* Bounded on the North by the northern Pulaski County line;
* Bounded on the East by the eastern and southern Pulaski County lines; the eastern White County line; the eastern Carroll County line south to State Route 25; State Route 25 southwest to Tippecanoe County; the eastern Tippecanoe County line;
* Bounded on the South by the southern Tippecanoe County line; the eastern and southern Fountain County lines west to U.S. Route 41; and
* Bounded on the West by U.S. Route 41 north to the northern Benton County line; the northern Benton County line east to State Route 55; State Route 55 north to U.S. Route 24; U.S. Route 24 east to the White County line; the western White and Pulaski County lines.
* The following grain elevators, located outside of the above contiguous geographic area, are part of this geographic area assignment: Boswell Chase Grain, Boswell, Benton County; ADM, Dunn, Benton County; ADM, Raub, Benton County (located inside Champaign-Danville Grain Inspection Departments, Inc.'s, area); and The Start Printed Page 71124Andersons, Delphi, Carroll County; Frick Services, Inc., Leiters Ford, Fulton County; and Cargill, Inc., Linden, Montgomery County (located inside Frankfort Grain Inspection, Inc.'s, area).
Opportunity for Designation
Interested persons, including East Indiana, Fremont, State Grain, and Titus, may apply for designation to provide official services in the geographic areas specified above under the provisions of Section 7(f) of USGSA ( 7 U.S.C. 79(f)(2)), and 9 CFR 800.196(d) regulations. Designation in the specified geographic areas is for the period beginning July 1, 2007, and ending June 30, 2010. To apply for designation, contact the Compliance Division at the address listed above for forms and information, or obtain applications at the GIPSA Web site, http://www.gipsa.usda.gov.
Request for Comments
We are also publishing this notice to provide interested persons the opportunity to present comments on the quality of services provided by the East Indiana, Fremont, State Grain, and Titus official agencies. In the designation process, we will consider substantive comments citing reasons and pertinent data for support or objection to the designation of the applicants. Submit all comments to the Compliance Division at the above address.
In determining which applicant will be designated, we will consider applications, comments, and other available information.Start Signature
James E. Link,
Administrator, Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration.
[FR Doc. E6-20905 Filed 12-7-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-KD-P