Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Emergency Loan Application and Evacuation Documentation
- OMB Control Number: OMB Control Number 1405-0150.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS).
- Form Number: DS 3072.
- Respondents: Individuals.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 1000.
- Average Hours Per Response: 10 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 166 hours.
- Frequency: On Occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from February 9, 2007.
Direct comments and questions to Katherine Astrich, the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), who may be reached at 202-395-4718. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 725 17th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20503.
- Fax: 202-395-6974
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests Start Printed Page 6311for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Derek A. Rivers, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/PRI), U.S. Department of State, SA-29, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on (202) 736-9082 or ASKPRI@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection:
The purpose of the DS-3072 is to process these emergency loans for destitute citizens and to document the safe and efficient evacuation of private U.S. citizens, dependents and third country nationals from abroad. The information will be used to process the emergency loan, facilitate reception and resettlement assistance in the United States and for debt collection. Respondents are private U.S. citizens and their dependents abroad who are destitute and in need of repatriation to the United States; private U.S. citizens and their dependents abroad who are in need of emergency medical and dietary assistance who are unable to obtain such services otherwise; and private U.S. citizens abroad and their dependents and third country nationals who are in need of evacuation when their lives are endangered by war, civil unrest, or natural disaster.
The information is collected in person, by fax, or via mail. The Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently exploring options to make this information collection available electronically.Start Signature
Dated: January 19, 2007.
Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E7-2189 Filed 2-8-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P