Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to update text addressing procedures for processing of contractor claims submitted under DoD contracts. The rule removes obsolete text and relocates text to the DFARS companion resource, Procedures, Guidance, and Information.
February 12, 2007.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Felisha Hitt, Defense Acquisition Regulations System, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DARS), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-0310; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 2003-D010.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This final rule—
- Removes text at DFARS 233.204 regarding research of a contractor's history of filing claims during a contracting officer's review of a current claim. Text on this subject has been relocated to the DFARS companion resource, Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI) at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/pgi; and
- Revises DFARS 233.210 to remove an obsolete cross-reference and to add a reference to the guidance added to PGI regarding review of a contractor's claim.
DoD published a proposed rule at 71 FR 34867 on June 16, 2006. The proposed rule had provided for total elimination of the text at DFARS 233.204 and 233.210. One source submitted comments on the proposed rule, recommending that, instead of total elimination, the text at DFARS 233.204 should be relocated to PGI. DoD has adopted this recommendation and has included the corresponding changes in the final rule.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
DoD certifies that this final rule will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601, et seq., because the rule makes no significant change to DoD policy regarding consideration of claims submitted by contractors.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply, because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Part 233End List of Subjects Start Signature
Michele P. Peterson,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
Therefore,End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 233—PROTESTS, DISPUTES, AND APPEALSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part
2. Section 233.204 is removed.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
3. Section 233.210 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
See PGI 233.210 for guidance on reviewing a contractor's claim.
[FR Doc. E7-2211 Filed 2-9-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P