U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of the information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 50, “Domestic Licensing of Production and Utilization Facilities”.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: As necessary in order for NRC to meet its responsibilities to conduct a detailed review of applications for licenses, and amendments thereto, to construct and operate nuclear power plants, preliminary or final design approvals, design certifications, research and test facilities, reprocessing plants and other utilization and production facilities, licensed pursuant to the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, (the Act) and to monitor their activities.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees and applicants for nuclear power plants and research and test facilities.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 45,513.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 187.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 6,181M; 3,141M hours reporting (an average of 69 hrs/response) + 3,040M hours recordkeeping (an average of 16K hrs/recordkeeper).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10 Abstract: 10 CFR Part 50 of the NRC's regulations, “Domestic Licensing of Production and Utilization Facilities,” specifies technical information and data to be provided to the NRC or maintained by applicants and licensees so that the NRC may make determinations necessary to protect the health and safety of the public, in accordance with the Act. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements contained in 10 CFR 50 are mandatory for the affected licensees and applicants.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by March 19, 2007. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Molly C. Tokaz, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0011), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Molly_C._Tokaz@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4650.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Margaret A. Janney, 301-415-7245.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 8th day of February, 2007.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Margaret A. Janney,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E7-2602 Filed 2-14-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P