U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 25—Access Authorization for Licensee Personnel.
2. Current OMB approval number: OMB No. 3150-0046.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: NRC-regulated facilities and other organizations requiring access to NRC-classified information.
5. The number of annual respondents: 78.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 417 hours (371 hours for reporting and 46 hours for recordkeeping) or approximately .26 hours per response.
7. Abstract: NRC-regulated facilities and other organizations are required to provide information and maintain records to ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided NRC-classified information and material.
Submit, by April 17, 2007, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Margaret A. Janney (T-5 F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7245, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 8th day of February 2007.
Margaret A. Janney,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. E7-2790 Filed 2-15-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P