60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document; OMB Control No.1615-0079.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 4, 2007.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, Start Printed Page 9770111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please add the OMB Control No. 1615-0079 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-102. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This information collection will be used by an alien temporarily residing in the United States to request a replacement of his or her arrival evidence. The information provided can be used to verify status and for determination as to the eligibility of the applicant.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 12,195 responses at 25 minutes (.416 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 5,073 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529; Telephone No. 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: February 28, 2007.
Richard A. Sloan,
Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-3781 Filed 3-2-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P