Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
Notice; request for comments.
We (Fish and Wildlife Service) will ask the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to approve the information collection (IC) described below. As required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 and as part of our continuing efforts to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, we invite the general public and other Federal agencies to take this opportunity to comment on this IC, which is scheduled to expire on June 30, 2007. We may not conduct or sponsor and a person is not required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
You must submit comments on or before May 15, 2007.
Send your comments on the IC to Hope Grey, Information Collection Clearance Officer, Fish and Wildlife Service, MS 222-ARLSQ, 4401 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203 (mail); firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail); or (703) 358-2269 (fax).Start Further Info Start Printed Page 12631
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
To request additional information about this IC, contact Hope Grey by mail, fax, or e-mail (see ADDRESSES) or by telephone at (703) 358-2482.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Division of International Conservation awards grants funded under the:
(1) African Elephant Conservation Act (16 U.S.C. 4201-4245).
(2) Asian Elephant Conservation Act of 1997 (16 U.S.C. 4261).
(3) Great Apes Conservation Act of 2000 (Pub. L. 106-411).
(4) Rhinoceros and Tiger Conservation Act of 1994 (16 U.S.C. 5306).
(5) Marine Turtle Conservation Act (Pub. L. 108-266).
(6) Wildlife Without Borders Programs - Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Russia.
The information that we collect for grants awarded under the Marine Turtle Conservation Act is approved under OMB Control No. 1018-0128, which expires March 31, 2009. We are proposing to include that information collection with the others in this approval request, all under OMB Control Number 1018-0123.
Applicants submit proposals for funding in response to Notices of Funding Availability that we publish on Grants.gov. We collect the following information under each Notice of Funding Availability:
(1) Cover page with basic project details (FWS Form 3-2338). This is a new form that we propose to replace the six forms currently approved under OMB Control No. 1018-0123.
(2) Project summary and narrative.
(3) Letter of appropriate government endorsement.
(4) Brief curricula vitae for key project personnel.
(5) Complete Standard Forms 424, 424a and 424b (nondomestic applicants do not submit the standard forms).
Proposals may also include, as appropriate, a copy of the organization's Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NIRCA) and any additional documentation supporting the proposed project.
The project summary and narrative is the basis for this information collection request for approval. A panel of technical experts reviews each proposal to assess how well the project addresses the priorities identified by each program's authorizing legislation. As all of the on-the-ground projects funded by these programs are conducted outside the United States, the letter of appropriate government endorsement ensures that the proposed activities will not meet with local resistance or work in opposition to locally identified priorities and needs. Brief curricula vitae for key project personnel allow the review panel to assess the qualifications of project staff to effectively carry out the project goals and objectives. As all Federal entities must honor the indirect cost rates an organization has negotiated with its cognizant agency, we require all organizations with a NICRA to submit the agreement paperwork with their proposals to verify how their rate is applied in their proposed budget. Applicants may provide any additional documentation that they believe best supports their proposal.
OMB Control Number: 1018-0123.
Title: International Conservation Grant Programs.
Service Form Number(s): 3-2338.
Type of Request: Revision of currently approved collection.
Affected Public: Domestic and nondomestic Federal, State, and local governments; nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations; public and private institutions of higher education; and any other organization or individual with demonstrated perience deemed necessary to carry out the proposed project..
Respondent's Obligation: Required to obtain or retain a benefit.
Frequency of Collection: Annually.
|Activity||Number of annual respondents||Number of annual responses||Completion time per response||Annual burden hours|
|Cover page (FWS Form 3-2338)||489||489||1 hour||489|
|Reports (mid-term and final)||231||231||30 hours||6,930|
III. Request for Comments
We invite comments concerning this IC on:
(1) whether or not the collection of information is necessary, including whether or not the information will have practical utility;
(2) the accuracy of our estimate of the burden for this collection of information;
(3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents.
Comments submitted in response to this notice are a matter of public record. We will include and/or summarize each comment in our request to OMB to approve this IC.Start Signature
Dated: March 1, 2007
Information Collection Clearance Officer, Fish and Wildlife Service.
FR Doc. E7-4844 Filed 3-15-07; 8:45 am
BILLING CODE 4310-55-S