Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the Learn and Serve America Progress Report to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Pub. L. 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Cara Patrick at (202) 606-6905. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: Katherine_T._Astrich@omb.eop.gov.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on October 3, 2006. This comment period ended December 11, 2006. No public comments were received from this notice.
Description: The Corporation was soliciting comments concerning the proposed renewal of its Learn and Serve America Progress Report. These reports must be completed by all Learn and Serve America grantees in order to ensure appropriate Federal oversight, determine progress toward meeting program objectives and make decisions related to continuation funding.
Learn and Serve America provides grants to state education agencies, higher education institutions, tribes, and U.S. Territories, national nonprofits and state commissions on nation and community service to implement service-learning programs. To ensure appropriate oversight of Federal funds, Learn and Serve America requires all grant recipients to submit Progress Reports describing grant activities and progress toward approved program objectives. Information received from the reports informs continuation funding decisions and how to target training and technical assistance.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Learn and Serve America Progress Report.
OMB Number: 3045-0089.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: State and Local Government, Not-for-profit institutions.
Total Respondents: 103.
Frequency: Twice annually.
Average Time Per Response: 2 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 412 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: January 27, 2007.
Director, Learn and Serve America.
[FR Doc. E7-5228 Filed 3-21-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P