Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to update procedures for obtaining Department of Labor wage determinations for construction and service contracts. The DFARS amendments are consistent with changes made to the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
April 26, 2007.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Amy Williams, Defense Acquisition Regulations System, OUSD (AT&L) DPAP (DARS), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-0328; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 2006-D043.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Item IV of Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-10, published at 71 FR 36930 on June 28, 2006, amended the Federal Acquisition Regulation to implement the Wage Determinations OnLine internet Website as the source for obtaining Department of Labor wage determinations for construction and service contracts.
This final rule makes the following corresponding DFARS changes:
○ Revises the heading of sections 222.001 and 222.1008.
○ Relocates text addressing use of the Service Contract Act Directory of Occupations, from 222.1008-2 to 222.1008-1, and updates the text to reflect the replacement of Standard Form 98a with the electronic e98 process.
○ Removes obsolete text at 222.1008-7 and 222.1014.
In addition, this final rule adds DFARS section 222.404-2, which contains a reference to internal DoD procedures for obtaining clarification of proper application of construction wage rate schedules.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
This rule will not have a significant cost or administrative impact on contractors or offerors, or a significant effect beyond the internal operating procedures of DoD. Therefore, publication for public comment under 41 U.S.C. 418b is not required. However, DoD will consider comments from small entities concerning the affected DFARS subparts in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 610. Such comments should cite DFARS Case 2006-D043.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply, because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Part 222End List of Subjects Start Signature
Michele P. Peterson,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
Therefore,End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 222—APPLICATION OF LABOR LAWS TO GOVERNMENT ACQUISITIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 222.001 is amended by revising the section heading to read as follows:End Amendment Part
3. Section 222.404-2 is added to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c)(5) Follow the procedures at PGI 222.404-2(c)(5) when seeking clarification of the proper application of construction wage rate schedules.
4. Section 222.1008 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
5. Section 222.1008-1 is added to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Follow the procedures at PGI 222.1008-1 regarding use of the Service Contract Act Directory of Occupations when preparing the e98.
6. Sections 222.1008-2, 222.1008-7, and 222.1014 are removed.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. E7-7908 Filed 4-25-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P