30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review: Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status; OMB Control No. 1615-0043.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on March 7, 2007, at 72 FR 10239 allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 27, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0043 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses. Start Printed Page 35249
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Temporary Protected Status.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-821. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The information required on the Form I-821 is necessary in order for USCIS to make a determination that the applicant meets the TPS eligibility requirements and conditions.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 335,333 responses at 1 hour and 30 minutes (1.5 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 502,999 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=29227b58fa16e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=29227b58fa16e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529; Telephone 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 21, 2007.
Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-12403 Filed 6-26-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P