This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Exhibit B to Registration Statement (Foreign Agents).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), National Security Division (NSD), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until September 4, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, suggestions, or additional information, especially regarding the estimated public burden or associated response time, please write to U.S. Department of Justice, 10th & Constitution Avenue, NW., National Security Division, Counterespionage Section/Registration Unit, Bond Building—Room 9300, Washington, DC 20530. If you need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or have additional information, please contact the Registration Unit at (202) 514-1216.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Exhibit B to Registration Statement (Foreign Agents).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: NSD-4. National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions, and individuals or households. The form is required by the provisions of the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938, 22 U.S.C. 611 et seq., and must set forth the agreement or understanding between the registrant and each of his foreign principals, as well as, the nature and method of performance of such agreement or understanding, and the existing or proposed activities engaged in or to be engaged in, including political activities, by the registrant for the foreign principal.
(5) An estimate of the total number of responses and the amount of time estimated for an average response: The total estimated number of responses is 164 at approximately .33 hours (20 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 54 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 28, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E7-12961 Filed 7-3-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-PF-P