Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. Sec. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning a new Progress Reporting Module designed to collect demographic information from federal grantees. These reports will be submitted by grantees that receive Corporation funding through the Corporation's AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps NCCC, and Senior Corps RSVP competitions. Completion of the Progress Report is required as a condition of these awards.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by September 17, 2007.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Learn and Serve America; Attention Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director for Policy, Room 9515; 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC., 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3476, Attention Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director for Policy.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amy Borgstrom, (202) 606-6930, or by e-mail at email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The demographic reporting module will be completed by grantees of the Corporation's AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps VISTA, and Senior Corps RSVP programs. The purpose of the information collection is to elicit accurate information from Corporation grantees in order to assess impacts and respond to requests for information from stakeholders.
The Corporation seeks to employ a new reporting module focused on categories of volunteers identified as key targets in the Corporation's strategic plan. This reporting module will be added to existing reporting questions that are program specific, and have their own OMB approval numbers and expiration dates.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Demographic reporting module.
OMB Number: None.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Current/prospective recipients of AmeriCorps State and National, VISTA, and Senior Corps RSVP funding.
Total Respondents: 1,894.
Frequency: Annually, with exceptions.
Average Time Per Response: Averages 5 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 9,470 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: July 12, 2007.
Director, AmeriCorps State and National.
[FR Doc. E7-13938 Filed 7-17-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P