60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Application for License Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, FirearmsStart Printed Page 40327
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until September 24, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Patricia Power, Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, Suite 110, 2600 Century Parkway, NE, Atlanta, GA 30345.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for License Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 7 (5310.12). Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Individual or households. Each person intending to engage in business as a firearms or ammunition importer or manufacturer, or dealer in firearms shall file an application with the required fee with ATF in accordance with the instructions on the form. The information requested on the form establishes eligibility for the license. The duration of the license is for a 3 year period.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 13,000 respondents will complete a 1 hour and 15 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 16,250 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: July 18, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E7-14237 Filed 7-23-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P