Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), is conducting a pre-clearance consultation for renewal of the AmeriCorps Performance Measurement Survey information collection request (ICR) in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13), (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of the individual ICR may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Brooke Nicholas, (202) 606-6627. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Corporation for National and Community Service, Attn: Ms. Brooke Nicholas, by any of the following two methods within 60 days from the date of this publication in the Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 3606-3464, Attention: Ms. Brooke Nicholas; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Description: The Corporation is strongly committed to making its performance measurement and management systems more results oriented in order to strengthen the accountability and performance of its Start Printed Page 42402programs. As part of its effort to do so, there is a need to collect outcome information regarding the Corporation's AmeriCorps programs consisting of AmeriCorps*State and National, AmeriCorps*VISTA, and AmeriCorps*National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC). Information on program performance will be informed by a series of surveys of a sample of AmeriCorps members and sub-grantee organizations that deliver services.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Performance Measurement in AmeriCorps: Surveys of Members, Organizations and End Beneficiaries.
OMB Number: 3045-0094.
Affected Public: Individuals and households, community and faith-based organizations, non-profits, state and local government and education institutions.
Number of Respondents: 10,000.
Estimated Time Per Respondent: Ten minutes
Total Burden Hours: 1,667 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Annual Cost (operating/maintaining systems or purchasing services): None.Start Signature
Dated: July 27, 2007.
Acting Director, Department of Research and Policy Development.
[FR Doc. E7-14944 Filed 8-1-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P