U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 70—Domestic Licensing of Special Nuclear Material.
3. The form number if applicable: N/A.
4. How often the collection is required: Required reports are collected and evaluated on a continuing basis as events occur. Applications for new licenses and amendments may be submitted at any time. Generally, renewal applications are submitted every ten years and for major fuel cycle facilities updates of the safety demonstration section are submitted every two years. Nuclear material control and accounting information is submitted in accordance with specified instructions.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Applicants for and holders of specific NRC licenses to receive title to, own, acquire, deliver, receive, possess, use, or initially transfer special nuclear material.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1,256 (655 responses plus 601 recordkeepers).
7. An estimate of the number of annual respondents: 372
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 89,465 (81,765 reporting hours + 7,700 recordkeeping hours) or an average of 125 hours per response (81,765 reporting burden hours/655 responses) and an average of 13 hours per recordkeeper (7,700 recordkeeping burden hours/601 recordkeepers).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 04-13 applies: N/A. Start Printed Page 44186
10. Abstract: Part 70 establishes requirements for licenses to own, acquire, receive, possess, use, and transfer special nuclear material. The information in the applications, reports, and records is used by NRC to make licensing and other regulatory determinations concerning the use of special nuclear material. The revised estimate of burden reflects the addition of requirements for documentation for termination or transfer of licensed activities, and modifying licenses.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 6, 2007. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Comments can also be e-mailed to Nathan_Frey@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4650. Nathan Frey, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0009), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Margaret A. Janney, 301-415-7245.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 1st day of August, 2007.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E7-15300 Filed 8-6-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P