Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB), Hanford. The Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. No. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of this meeting be announced in the Federal Register.
Thursday, September 6, 2007, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, September 7, 2007, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Seattle Public Library, 1000 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98104, Phone: (206) 386-4636.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Erik Olds, Federal Coordinator, Department of Energy Richland Operations Office, 2440 Stevens Drive, P.O. Box 450, H6-60, Richland, WA 99352; Phone: (509) 372-9130; or e-mail: Theodore_E_Erik_Olds@orp.doe.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of the Board is to make recommendations to DOE in the areas of environmental restoration, waste management, and related activities.
- Annual Agency Updates (Department of Energy Office of River Protection and Richland Operations Office; Washington State Department of Ecology; and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency).
- Discussion on Board Priorities from Hanford Advisory Leadership Retreat and Adoption of Priorities.
- Introduction of the Hanford Advisory Board Process Manual.
- Tank Waste Committee Updates, includes Early Startup of the Low-Activity Waste Facility; Demonstration Bulk Vitrification System; and Tank Closure and Waste Management Environmental Impact Statement.
- River and Plateau Committee Updates, includes the River Corridor Risk Assessment for the 100 and 300 Areas; the July 24th workshop on groundwater data gap for cleanup decisions in the 100 and 300 Areas; and Institutional Controls.
- Budget and Contracts Committee Updates, includes Briefing on Request for Proposals; Fiscal Year 2009 Budget Submission Update; and Fiscal Year 2008 Budget Appropriations.
- Tri-Party Agreement Negotiations.
- Request for Proposals.
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. Written statements Start Printed Page 45423may be filed with the Board either before or after the meeting. Individuals who wish to make oral statements pertaining to agenda items should contact Erik Olds' office at the address or telephone number listed above. Requests must be received five days prior to the meeting and reasonable provision will be made to include the presentation in the agenda. The Deputy Designated Federal Officer is empowered to conduct the meeting in a fashion that will facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Individuals wishing to make public comment will be provided a maximum of five minutes to present their comments.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying at the U.S. Department of Energy's Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, 1E-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, except Federal holidays. Minutes will also be available by writing to Erik Olds' office at the address or telephone number listed above.Start Signature
Issued at Washington, DC on August 9, 2007.
Rachel M. Samuel,
Deputy Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E7-15870 Filed 8-13-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P