United States International Trade Commission.
In accordance with the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the Commission has submitted a request for approval of a questionnaire to the Office of Management and Budget for review.
Purpose of Information Collection: The forms are for use by the Commission in connection with investigation No. 332-481, Industrial Biotechnology: Development and Adoption by the U.S. Chemical and Liquid Biofuel Industries, instituted under the authority of section 332(g) of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1332(g)). This investigation was requested by the Senate Committee on Finance. The Commission expects to deliver the results of its investigation to the committee by July 2, 2008.
Summary of Proposal
(1) Number of forms submitted: 1.
(2) Title of form: Liquid Fuel and Chemical Industry Questionnaire.
(3) Type of request: New.
(4) Frequency of use: Industry questionnaire, single data gathering, scheduled for 2007.
(5) Description of respondents: U.S. firms that produce liquid fuels and chemicals.
(6) Estimated number of respondents: 1,500.
(7) Estimated total number of hours to complete the forms: 60,000.
(8) Information obtained from the form that qualifies as confidential business information will be so treated by the Commission and not disclosed in a manner that would reveal the individual operations of a firm.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR COMMENT:
Copies of the forms and supporting documents may be obtained from David Lundy (USITC, telephone no. (202) 205-3439). Comments about the proposals should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Room 10102 (Docket Library), Washington, DC 20503, ATTENTION: Docket Librarian. All comments should be specific, indicating which part of the questionnaire is objectionable, describing the concern in detail, and including specific suggested revisions or language changes. Copies of any comments should be provided to Robert Rogowsky, Director, Office of Operations, U.S. International Trade Commission, 500 E. Street, SW., Washington, DC 20436, who is the Commission's designated Senior Official under the Paperwork Reduction Act.
Persons with mobility impairments who will need special assistance in gaining access to the Commission should contact the Secretary at 202-205-2000. Hearing impaired individuals are advised that information on this matter can be obtained by contacting our TTD terminal (telephone no. 202-205-1810). General information concerning the Commission may also be obtained by accessing its Internet server (http://www.usitc.gov).Start Signature
By order of the Commission.Start Printed Page 49731
Issued: August 23, 2007.
Marilyn R. Abbott,
Secretary to the Commission.
[FR Doc. E7-17084 Filed 8-28-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7020-02-P