United States International Trade Commission.
In accordance with the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the Commission has submitted a request for approval of questionnaires to the Office of Management and Budget for review.
Purpose of Information Collection: The forms are for use by the Commission in connection with investigation No. 332-487, Wood Flooring and Hardwood Plywood: Competitive Conditions Affecting the U.S. Industries, instituted under the authority of section 332(g) of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1332(g)). This investigation was requested by the Senate Committee on Finance. The Commission expects to deliver the results of its investigation to the Senate Committee on Finance on June 6, 2008.
Summary of Proposal:
(1) Number of forms submitted: Two.
(2) Title of form: Wood Flooring and Hardwood Plywood: Competitive Conditions Affecting the U.S. Industries.
(3) Type of request: New.
(4) Frequency of use: Producer and importer questionnaires, single data gathering, scheduled for 2007.
(5) Description of respondents: U.S. firms which produce and/or import wood flooring and hardwood plywood.
(6) Estimated number of respondents: 422 (producer and importer questionnaires-total).
(7) Estimated total number of hours to complete the forms: 16,880.
(8) Information obtained from the form that qualifies as confidential business information will be so treated by the Commission and not disclosed in a manner that would reveal the individual operations of a firm.
Additional Information or Comment: Copies of the forms and supporting documents may be obtained from Cynthia B. Foreso (USITC, telephone no. (202) 205-3348) or Gail Burns (USITC, telephone no. (202) 205-2501). Comments about the proposals should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Room 10102 (Docket Library), Washington, DC 20503, Attention: Docket Librarian. All comments should be specific, indicating which part of the questionnaire is objectionable, describing the concern in detail, and including specific suggested revisions or language changes. Copies of any comments should be provided to Robert Rogowsky, Director, Office of Operations, U.S. International Trade Commission, 500 E Street SW., Washington, DC 20436, who is the Commission's designated Senior Official under the Paperwork Reduction Act.
Persons with mobility impairments who will need special assistance in gaining access to the Commission should contact the Secretary at 202-205-2000. Hearing impaired individuals are advised that information on this matter can be obtained by contacting our TTD terminal (telephone no. 202-205-1810). General information concerning the Commission may also be obtained by accessing its Internet server (http://www.usitc.gov).Start Signature
Issued: September 4, 2007.
By order of the Commission.
Marilyn R. Abbott,
Secretary to the Commission.
[FR Doc. E7-17781 Filed 9-10-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7020-02-P