This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Committee on Equal Opportunities in Science and Engineering (1173).
Dates/Time: October 16, 2007, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and October 17, 2007, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230.
Building entry badges must be obtained at the above address; the meeting will be held in Stafford II, Room 555 of the National Science Foundation Building located at 4121 Wilson Boulevard.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Dr. Margaret E.M. Tolbert, Senior Advisor and Executive Liaison, CEOSE, Office of Integrative Activities, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230. Telephone: (703) 292-8040; email@example.com.
Minutes: May be obtained from the Executive Liaison at the above address.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations concerning broadening participation in science and engineering.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Welcome and Opening Statement by the CEOSE Chair.
Presentations and Discussions:
○ Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research.
○ The American Community Survey, a Survey Conducted by SRS of the Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate.
○ Broadening Participation Briefings on NSF Advisory Committee Meetings.
○ Concurrent Planning Meetings of CEOSE Ad Hoc Subcommittees.
○ Reports on Strategic Planning by CEOSE, Mini-Symposium: Institutions Serving Persons with Disabilities Who Are in STEM Fields, Broadening Participation Efforts of Several Federal Agencies, and the NSF Broadening Participation Plan.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Opening Statement by the New CEOSE Chair.
○ Broadening Participation Initiatives of the NSF Directorate for Engineering.
○ Broadening Participation Initiatives of the Chemistry Division of the NSF Directorate for Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
○ Discussion Topics Pertinent to the CEOSE Mandate with the NSF Director and Deputy Director.
Completion of Unfinished Business.Start Signature
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E7-18597 Filed 9-20-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P