This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Mine Safety and Health Administration, Labor.
Extension of comment period.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is extending the comment period for the Proposed Rule on Mine Rescue Teams for underground coal mines published on September 6, 2007 (72 FR 51320). This extension gives commenters additional time to review recently posted transcripts on MSHA's Web site.
The comment period will close midnight, November 16, 2007, Eastern Standard Time.
Comments must be clearly identified and may be submitted by any of the following methods:
(1) Federal Rulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
(2) Electronic mail: zzMSHA-Comments@dol.gov. Include “RIN 1219-AB53” in the subject line of the message.
(3) Telefax: (202) 693-9441. Include “RIN 1219-AB53” in the subject.
(4) Regular Mail: MSHA, Office of Standards, Regulations, and Variances, 1100 Wilson Blvd., Room 2350, Arlington, Virginia, 22209-3939.
(5) Hand Delivery or Courier: MSHA, Office of Standards, Regulations, and Variances, 1100 Wilson Blvd., Room 2350, Arlington, Virginia 22209-3939. Sign in at the receptionist's desk on the 21st floor.
(6) Docket: Comments can be accessed electronically at http://www.msha.gov under the “Rules and Regs” link. MSHA will post all comments on the Internet without change, including any personal information provided. Comments may also be reviewed at the Office of Standards, Regulations, and Variances, 1100 Wilson Blvd., Room 2350, Arlington, Virginia. Sign in at the receptionist's desk on the 21st floor.
MSHA maintains a listserve that enables subscribers to receive e-mail notification when rulemaking documents are published in the Federal Register. To subscribe to the listserve, go to http://www.msha.gov/subscriptions/subscribe.aspx.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Patricia W. Silvey, Director, Office of Standards, Regulations, and Variances, MSHA, 1100 Wilson Boulevard, Room 2350, Arlington, Virginia 22209-3939. Ms. Silvey can be reached at Silvey.Patricia@dol.gov (Internet E-mail), (202) 693-9440 (voice), or (202) 693-9441 (facsimile). This notice is available on the Internet at http://www.msha.gov/REGSINFO.HTM.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
MSHA issued a Proposed Rule on Mine Rescue Teams for underground coal mines on September 6, 2007 (72 FR 51320). The proposal provided notice of four public hearings which were held on October 23, October 25, October 30, and November 1, 2007 and required that all comments be submitted by November 9, 2007. On November 5, 2007 the National Mining Association requested that the comment period be extended for 30 days to allow additional time to review and comment on the transcripts of the public hearings.
MSHA is extending the comment period to November 16, 2007. This action allows commenters sufficient time to review the posted transcripts and submit comments. All comments and other appropriate data must be submitted by midnight, November 16, 2007, Eastern Standard Time.Start Signature
Dated: November 6, 2007.
Richard E. Stickler,
Assistant Secretary for Mine Safety and Health.
[FR Doc. E7-22088 Filed 11-8-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-43-P