In Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 1 to 59, revised as of January 1, 2007, on page 27, reinstate § 11.71 to read as follows:
(a) You must include the following information in your petition for rulemaking:
(1) Your name and mailing address and, if you wish, other contact information such as a fax number, telephone number, or e-mail address.
(2) An explanation of your proposed action and its purpose.
(3) The language you propose for a new or amended rule, or the language you would remove from a current rule.
(4) An explanation of why your proposed action would be in the public interest.
(5) Information and arguments that support your proposed action, including relevant technical and scientific data available to you.
(6) Any specific facts or circumstances that support or demonstrate the need for the action you propose.
(b) In the process of considering your petition, we may ask that you provide information or data available to you about the following:
(1) The costs and benefits of your proposed action to society in general, and identifiable groups within society in particular.
(2) The regulatory burden of your proposed action on small businesses, small organizations, small governmental jurisdictions, and Indian tribes.
(3) The recordkeeping and reporting burdens of your proposed action and whom the burdens would affect.
(4) The effect of your proposed action on the quality of the natural and social environments.
[FR Doc. 07-55525 Filed 12-27-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 1505-01-D