Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, USDA.
Notice of meeting.
We are giving notice of a meeting of the General Conference Committee of the National Poultry Improvement Plan.
The meeting will be held on January 23, 2008, from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The meeting will be held at the Georgia World Congress Center, 285 Andrew Young International Boulevard, NW., Atlanta, GA.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Andrew R. Rhorer, Senior Coordinator, National Poultry Improvement Plan, VS, APHIS, 1498 Klondike Road, Suite 101, Conyers, GA 30094; (770) 922-3496.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The General Conference Committee (the Committee) of the National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP), representing cooperating State agencies and poultry industry members, serves an essential function by acting as liaison between the poultry industry and the Department in matters pertaining to poultry health. In addition, the Committee assists the Department in planning, organizing, and conducting the NPIP Biennial Conference.
Topics for discussion at the upcoming meeting include:
1. Appointment of a Member-at-Large;
2. National animal identification program for poultry;
3. Portland, ME, Biennial Planning Conference and proposed changes to the NPIP;
4. Compartmentalization of notifiable avian influenza free zones;
5. Interstate and intrastate movement of table eggs in the event of a highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreak;
6. Update on Mycoplasma diseases;
7. Update on Salmonella enteriditis and S. montevideo;
8. National Chicken Council report; and
9. Proposed changes to the NPIP for 2008.
The meeting will be open to the public. However, due to time constraints, the public will not be allowed to participate in the discussions during the meeting. Written statements Start Printed Page 1201on meeting topics may be filed with the Committee before or after the meeting by sending them to the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT. Written statements may also be filed at the meeting. Please refer to Docket No. APHIS-2007-0155 when submitting your statements.
This notice of meeting is given pursuant to section 10 of the Federal Advisory Committee Act.Start Signature
Done in Washington, DC, this 31st day of December 2007.
Acting Administrator, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
[FR Doc. E8-13 Filed 1-4-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-34-P