Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of petitions for exemption received.
This notice contains a summary of certain petitions seeking relief from specified requirements of 14 CFR. The purpose of this notice is to improve the public's awareness of, and participation in, this aspect of FAA's regulatory activities. Neither publication of this notice nor the inclusion or omission of information in the summary is intended to affect the legal status of any petition or its final disposition.
Comments on petitions received must identify the petition docket Start Printed Page 7029number involved and must be received on or before February 11, 2008.
You may send comments identified by Docket Number FAA-2008-0146 using any of the following methods:
- DOT Docket Web site: Go to http://dms.dot.gov and follow the instructions for sending your comments electronically.
- Government-wide rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and follow the instructions for sending your comments electronically.
- Mail: Send comments to the Docket Management Facility; U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., West Building Ground Floor, Room W12-140, Washington, DC 20590.
- Fax: Fax comments to the Docket Management Facility at 202-493-2251.
- Hand Delivery: Bring comments to the Docket Management Facility in Room W12-140 of the West Building Ground Floor at 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
- Docket: To read background documents or comments received, go to http://dms.dot.gov at any time or to the Docket Management Facility in Room W12-140 of the West Building Ground Floor at 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
We will post all comments we receive, without change, to http://dms.dot.gov, including any personal information you provide. Using the search function of our docket Web site, anyone can find and read the comments received into any of our dockets, including the name of the individual sending the comment (or signing the comment for an association, business, labor union, etc.). You may review DOT's complete Privacy Act Statement in the Federal Register published on April 11, 2000 (65 FR 19477-78).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tyneka Thomas (202) 267-7626 or Frances Shaver (202) 267-9681, Office of Rulemaking, Federal Aviation Administration, 800 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20591.
This notice is published pursuant to 14 CFR 11.85.Start Signature
Director, Office of Rulemaking.
Docket No.: FAA-2008-0146.
Petitioner: Iditarod Committee and Iditarod Air Force.
Section of 14 CFR Affected: §§ 119.21(a)(1), 61.3(c), 61.23(a), and 61.113(a).
Description of Relief Sought: The Iditarod Committee, Iditarod Air Force (IAF), and pilots request relief from §§ 61.3(c), 61.23(a), 61.113(a), and 119.21(a)(1) to the extent necessary to allow the petitioners to accept monetary and non-monetary compensation in return for transportation of people or property, and the use of fuel, food and equipment either purchased by the Committee/IAF or otherwise made by private donations. The compensation considered includes any money or donations made to or charged by the Committee/IAF to transport people or property associated with the operation of the Iditarod Race, and any fuel, insurance, housing, food or other support costs paid to individual pilot-aircraft owners.End Further Info End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. E8-2261 Filed 2-5-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-P