30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Form I-485: Supplement C, HRIFA Supplement to Form I-485; OMB Control No. 1615-New.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on September 26, 2007, at 72 FR 54671, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until April 7, 2008. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting comments by e-mail, please make sure to type OMB Control Number 1615-New in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; Start Printed Page 12459
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Reinstatement and revision of a previously approved form.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: HRIFA Supplement to Form I-485.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-485 Supplement C; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The information provided on the Form I-485 Supplement C, in combination with the information collected on Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status), is necessary in order for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to make a determination that the adjustment of status eligibility requirements and conditions are met by the applicant of Haitian nationality pursuant to HRIFA.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 2,000 respondents at 30 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd floor, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: March 4, 2008.
Acting Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-4496 Filed 3-6-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P