60-day notice of information collection under review: fee waiver request.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Start Printed Page 18571Review (EOIR) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until June 3, 2008. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact John Blum, Acting General Counsel, Executive Office for Immigration Review, U.S. Department of Justice, Suite 2600, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia 22041; telephone: (703) 305-0470.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g. permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Fee Waiver Request.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: Form EOIR 26A. Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: An individual submitting an appeal or motion to the Board of Immigration Appeals. Other: None. Abstract: The information on the fee waiver request form is used by the Board of Immigration Appeals to determine whether the requisite fee for a motion or appeal will be waived due to an individual's financial situation.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 1,500 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of one hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,500 total burden hours associated with this collection annually.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D. Street, NW. Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 1, 2008.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E8-7089 Filed 4-3-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P