U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Grant and Cooperative Agreement Provisions.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0107.
3. How often the collection is required: Most reports are submitted on occasion. Recipients must also submit technical performance reports twice yearly.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Grantees and Cooperators.
5. The number of annual respondents: 140.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 4,613 hours.
7. Abstract: The Division of Contracts (DC) is responsible for the awarding of grants and cooperative agreements for the NRC. The DC collects information from grantees and cooperators in order to administer these programs. The DC uses provisions (required to obtain or retain a benefit in its awards and cooperative agreements) to ensure: Adherence to Public Laws, that the Government's rights are protected, that work proceeds on schedule, and that disputes between the Government and the recipient are settled.
Submit, by June 6, 2008, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge Start Printed Page 18823at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Margaret A. Janney (T-5 F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7245, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 1st day of April, 2008.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E8-7192 Filed 4-4-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P