Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is proposing to approve State Implementation Plans (SIPs) submitted by the States of South Dakota and Wyoming that address interstate transport with respect to the 1997 8-hour ozone and fine particulate matter (PM2.5) National Ambient Air Quality Standards. EPA has determined that the Interstate Transport declarations submitted by South Dakota on May 15, 2007, and by Wyoming on May 3, 2007, satisfy the requirements of the Clean Air Act section 110(a)(2)(D)(i) provisions, also known as the “good neighbor” provisions, that a state SIP contain adequate provisions prohibiting air pollutant emissions from sources or activities in the state from adversely affecting another state. This action is being taken under section 110 of the Clean Air Act.
In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the States' SIP revisions as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views these as non-controversial SIP revisions and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Written comments must be received on or before June 9, 2008.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-R08-OAR-2007-0648, by one of the following methods:
- http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129.
- Hand Delivery: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:55 p.m., excluding Federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules Section of this Federal Register for detailed instruction on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Domenico Mastrangelo, Air Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129, (303) 312-6436, email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: April 23, 2008.
Robert E. Roberts,
Regional Administrator, Region 8.
[FR Doc. E8-10100 Filed 5-7-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P