In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Advisory Committee for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences (#1171).
Date/Time: June 5, 2008; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; June 6, 2008; 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Place: Hilton Arlington, 950 North Stafford Street, Second Floor—Master's Ball Room, Arlington, Virginia 22230. Start Printed Page 27580
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Ms. Lisa L. Jones, Office of the Assistant Director, Directorate for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 905, Arlington, Virginia 22230, 703-292-8700.
Summary Minutes: May be obtained from contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation on major goals and policies pertaining to Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate programs and activities.
Updates and Discussion on Continuing Activities
- Budget process and status.
- Human and Social Dynamics—COV discussion and plans for the future.
- SBE participation in NSF initiatives for FY 2009.
- Sustainability workshop report.
- SBE infrastructure.
- Linkages with DOD.
Updates and Discussion on Continuing Activities.
- International activities.
- Questions from the National Science Board: Limitations on proposal submission; cost sharing.
- Broadening participation.
- Human capital and succession planning in SBE.
Discussion with the NSF Director.
Planning for FY 2010 and Beyond.Start Signature
Dated: May 8, 2008.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E8-10629 Filed 5-12-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P