Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Proposed rule and delegation of authority.
EPA is proposing to approve revisions to the State Implementation Plan (SIP) as submitted by the Governor of North Dakota with a letter dated March 8, 2007. The revisions affect certain air pollution control rules regarding general provisions, open burning restrictions, permitting, and fugitive emissions. In addition, EPA is proposing to take direct final action approving a revision to a chapter of the SIP regarding an alternative monitoring plan for the Tesoro Mandan Refinery. EPA is also providing notice that on August 22, 2007, North Dakota was delegated authority to implement and enforce certain New Source Performance Standards, as in effect on January 31, 2006. In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP revision as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial SIP revision and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Written comments must be received on or before June 26, 2008.
Submit your comments, identified by DOCKET ID No. EPA-R08-OAR-2007-0617, by one of the following methods:
- http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: Platt.Amy@epa.gov.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129.
- Hand Delivery: Director, Air Program, EPA Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding Federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules Section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amy Platt, Environmental Protection Agency, Region 8, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, CO 80202-1129, (303) 312-6449, Platt.Amy@epa.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations Section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: May 7, 2008.
Acting Regional Administrator, Region 8.
[FR Doc. E8-11476 Filed 5-23-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P