30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Form I-246, Application for Stay of Deportation or Removal, OMB No. 1653-0021.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on March 26, 2008 Vol. 73 No. 59 16035, allowing for a 60 day comment period. No comments were received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 2, 2008.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Stay of Deportation or Removal.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Start Printed Page 31500Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-246. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. The information collected on the Form I-246 is necessary for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to make a determination that the eligibility requirements for a request for a stay of deportation or removal are met by the applicant. Upon approval of the application the alien's removal from the United States is stayed at the discretion of the Field Office Director or other designated Department of Homeland Security official, pursuant to section 241.6 of Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 2,500 responses at 60 minutes (1 hour) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 3,125 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Lee Shirkey 202-353-2266, Branch Chief, Records Management Branch, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Lee Shirkey.
Comments and/or questions; requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be directed to: Lee Shirkey, Chief, Records Management Branch; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 353-2266.Start Signature
Dated: May 27, 2008.
Records Management Branch Chief, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-12227 Filed 5-30-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P