U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on May 30, 2008.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 9, Public Records.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0043.
4. The form number if applicable: Forms 509 and 509A.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Individuals requesting access to records under the Freedom of Information or Privacy Acts, and submitters of information containing trade secrets or confidential commercial or financial information who have been notified that the NRC has made an initial determination that the information should be disclosed.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 212.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 212.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 167.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 9 prescribes procedures for individuals making requests for records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or Privacy Act (PA). It contains information collection requirements for requests to waive or reduce fees for searching for and reproducing records in response to FOIA requests; appeals of denied requests; and requests for expedited processing. The information required from the public is necessary to justify requests for waivers or reductions in searching or copying fees; or to justify expedited processing. Section 9.28(b) provides that if the submitter of information designated to be trade secrets or confidential commercial or financial information objects to the disclosure, he must provide a written statement within 30 days that specifies all grounds why the information is a trade secret or commercial or financial information that is privileged or confidential.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 15, 2008. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Nathan J. Frey, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0043), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Nathan_J._Frey@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-7345.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Russell A. Nichols, (301) 415-6874.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 11th day of August 2008.Start Printed Page 47983
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E8-18919 Filed 8-14-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P