Department of Energy; Office of Science.
Notice of Open Meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee. Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of these meetings be announced in the Federal Register.
Friday, September 5, 2008, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., E.D.T.
Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, 1999 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dr. David Thomassen (301-903-9817; firstname.lastname@example.org) Designated Federal Officer, Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Start Printed Page 47942Committee, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, SC-23/Germantown Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585-1290. The most current information concerning this meeting can be found on the Web site: http://www.science.doe.gov/ober/berac/announce.html.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Meeting: To provide advice on a continuing basis to the Director, Office of Science of the Department of Energy, on the many complex scientific and technical issues in the development and implementation of the Biological and Environmental Research Program.
- Report on the Life and Medical Sciences Division Committee of Visitors.
- Report on the Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research/Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Genomics: GTL Metrics.
- Report from the Office of Science.
- Scientific Focus Area (SFA) Rollout and Discussion.
- Report on the Climate Research Grand Challenges.
- Report from the Climate and Environmental Sciences Division Strategic Planning Retreat.
- Overview of Climate Synthesis and Assessment Reports.
- Report from the Office of Biological and Environmental Research.
- News from the Biological Systems Science and the Climate and Environmental Sciences Divisions.
- New business.
- Public Comment.
Public Participation: The one-day meeting is open to the public. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, you should contact David Thomassen at the address or telephone number listed above. You must make your request for an oral statement at least five business days before the meeting. Reasonable provision will be made to include the scheduled oral statements on the agenda. The Chairperson of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Public comment will follow the 10-minute rule.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying within 45 days at the BERAC Web site: http://www.science.doe.gov/ober/berac/Minutes.html.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC on August 12, 2008.
Deputy Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E8-18950 Filed 8-14-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P