Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is proposing to approve State Implementation Plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of Utah on June 26, 2007 and April 17, 2008. The June 26, 2007 revision updates Start Printed Page 51258Section XII of the Utah SIP and Rule R307-110-20 of the Utah Administrative Code (UAC) to meet the federal transportation conformity consultation requirements. The amended Rule R307-110-20 incorporates by reference Section XII, “Transportation Conformity Consultation,” of the SIP. The April 17, 2008 revision makes minor changes to UAC sections R307-101-2, “Definitions;” R307-115-1, “Determining Conformity;” R307-170-7, “Performance Specification Audits;” and R307-310-2, “Definitions;” and adds R307-101-3, “Version of CFR Incorporated by Reference.” In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP revisions as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views these as noncontroversial SIP revisions and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Written comments must be received on or before October 2, 2008.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-R08-OAR-2008-0340, by one of the following methods:
- http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129.
- Hand Delivery: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding Federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules Section of this Federal Register for detailed instruction on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeffrey Kimes, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129, (303) 312-6445, firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations Section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: July 25, 2008.
Acting Deputy Regional Administrator, Region 8.
[FR Doc. E8-20142 Filed 8-29-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P