This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Training Registration (For Non-U.S. Government Persons).
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0145.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Foreign Service Institute, FSI/EX.
- Form Number: DS-3083.
- Respondents: Respondents are non-U.S. government persons and/or their eligible family members, authorized by Public Law 105-277 to receive training delivered by the Foreign Service Institute on a reimbursable or advance-of-funds basis.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 100.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 100.
- Average Hours Per Response: 0.5.
- Total Estimated Burden: 50.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from September 11, 2008.
Direct comments and questions to Katherine Astrich, the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), who may be reached at 202-395-4718. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 725 17th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20503.
- Fax: 202-395-6974
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from Wayne A. Oshima, Foreign Service Institute, Office of Management, U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC 20522-4201, who may be reached on 703-302-6730 or at email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond,
Abstract of proposed collection:
This data collection tool is to be used to obtain information from non-U.S. Government persons so that they can enroll in courses offered by the Department of State's Foreign Service Institute. This includes information of a Start Printed Page 52897personal and business nature, and credit card information so that the Department can receive reimbursement.
This information will be collected in hard copy format, which is either mailed or transmitted by facsimile machine to the Foreign Service Institute.Start Signature
Dated: August 26, 2008.
Catherine J. Russell,
Executive Director, Foreign Service Institute, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E8-21126 Filed 9-10-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-34-P