U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on June 30, 2008.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: Voluntary Reporting of Performance Indicators.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0195.
4. The form number if applicable: NA.
5. How often the collection is required: Quarterly.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Power reactor licensees.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 416.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 104.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: Approximately 84,500 hours (83,200 reporting hours plus 1,300 recordkeeping hours for 26 recordkeepers).
10. Abstract: As part of a joint industry-NRC initiative, the NRC receives information submitted voluntarily by power reactor licensees regarding selected performance attributes known as performance indicators (PIs). PIs are objective measures of the performance of licensee systems or programs. The NRC's reactor oversight process uses PI information, along with the results of inspections, as the basis for NRC conclusions regarding plant performance and necessary regulatory response. Licensees transmit PIs electronically to reduce burden on themselves and the NRC.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by October 27, 2008. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Nathan J. Frey, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0195), NEOB-10202, Office of Start Printed Page 55544Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Nathan_J._Frey@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-7345.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Russell Nichols, (301) 415-6874.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 18th day of September, 2008.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E8-22531 Filed 9-24-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P