Upon Written Request, Copies Available From: Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of Investor Education and Advocacy, Washington, DC 20549-0213.
Regulation D and Form D; OMB Control No. 3235-0076; SEC File No. 270-72.
Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.), the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) is soliciting comments on the collection of information summarized below. The Commission plans to submit this existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget for extension and approval.
Regulation D (17 CFR 230.501 et seq.) sets forth rules governing the limited offer and sale of securities without Securities Act registration. The purpose of Form D (17 CFR 239.500) is to collect empirical data, which provides a continuing basis for action by the Commission either in terms of amending existing rules and regulations or proposing new ones. In addition, the Form D allows the Commission to elicit information necessary in assessing the effectiveness of Regulation D (17 CFR 230.501 et seq.) and Section 4(6) of the Securities Act of 1933 (15 U.S.C. 77d(6)) as capital-raising devices for all businesses. Approximately 25,000 issuers file Form D and it takes approximately 4 hours per response. We estimate that 25% of 4 hours per response (1 hour per response) is prepared by the issuer for an annual reporting burden 25,000 hours (1 hour per response × 25,000 responses). The remaining 75% of the burden is prepared by outside counsel.
Written comments are invited on: (a) Whether this collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden imposed by the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. Consideration will be given to comments and suggestions submitted in writing within 60 days of this publication.
Please direct your written comments to Charles Boucher, Director/CIO, Securities and Exchange Commission, C/O Shirley Martinson, 6432 General Green Way, Alexandria, Virginia 22312; or send an e-mail to: PRA_Mailbox@sec.gov.Start Signature
January 26, 2009.
Florence E. Harmon,
[FR Doc. E9-2227 Filed 2-2-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8011-01-P