30-day notice of information collection under review: Request for recognition of a non-profit religious, charitable, social service, or similar organization (Form EOIR-31).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 74, Number 18, page 5184 on January 29, 2009, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 4, 2009. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments also may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Reinstatement with change.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Request for recognition of a non-profit religious, charitable, social service, or similar organization.
(3) Agency Form Number, if Any, and the Applicable Component of the Department of Justice Sponsoring the Collection: Form Number: EOIR-31. Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected Public Who Will Be Asked or Required To Respond, as Well as a Brief Abstract: Primary: Non-profit organizations seeking to be recognized as legal service providers by the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). Other: None. Abstract: This information collection is necessary to determine whether the organization meets the regulatory and relevant case law requirements for recognition by the Board as a legal service provider, which then would allow its designated representative or representatives to seek full or partial accreditation to practice before the EOIR and/or the Department of Homeland Security.
(5) An Estimate of the Total Number of Respondents and the Amount of Time Estimated for an Average Respondent to Respond/Reply: It is estimated that 110 Start Printed Page 15305respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 2 hours per response.
(6) An Estimate of the Total Public Burden (in Hours) Associated With the Collection: There are an estimated 220 total burden hours associated with this collection annually.
If Additional Information Is Required, Contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: March 30, 2009.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E9-7486 Filed 4-2-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P