U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: “Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements for Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material,” formerly, “Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0036.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Any person in the U.S. who wishes to export or import nuclear material and equipment subject to the requirements of a general or specific license.
5. The number of annual respondents: 103.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 524.
7. Abstract: Persons in the U.S. who export or import nuclear material or equipment under a general or specific authorization must comply with certain reporting and recordkeeping requirements under 10 CFR part 110.
Submit, by June 8, 2009, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2009-0144. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2009-0144. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Gregory Trussell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Gregory Trussell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6874, or by e-mail to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 30th day of March 2009.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E9-7947 Filed 4-7-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P